Member of Sebago Canoe Club Operate out of Jamaica Bay, Part of Gateway National Park (Largest Urban National Park area) I am a Kayaker, certified Star I and II with 7 years kayaking experience. This will be my Official Sea Log
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Racing a race
Sub 30 minute 5 mile mean a sub 6 minutes mile. Sound easy enough. That mean 4 mile after the first may have to be sub 6minute mile for me to come in at 30 minutes. I finished at 30 minutes 23 second, my personal best for a 3 miler.
I have a chance to see if I can do it on my second club point race, the NYRR Portugal Day 5miler (aka Father Day 5milers) Harder in practice because it take me at least 1 miles before I can settle into my race pace. It help that I started out stronger then I expected, a 6.3 pace on the first mile and manage to get to 6 minutes miles by the second mile. I was able to get 5.40 for a couple of downhill stretch without losing any speed on the uphill. The last 1 mile was hard going. It take all my mental tricks to pickup speed for the last 600 meters to the finish line. It was perfect morning for a quick 5 milers, temperature in the low 60's with a slight breeze.
Labels:
Running
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment