Monday, May 21, 2007

Open House and Little Yellow Boat.

Wake up at 6AM on Saturday to go to Manhattan for my 10K race in Central Park. I get there with enough time to get my numbers/chips and warm up. The sky was overcast, a bit chilly, and a light random drizzle. Perfect weather for a run. Love the t-shirt they give out, one of those sport fiber material. Race started at 9AM after a stupid speech from a representative from the UAE. I started the race out very strong. My ankles were not bothering me as much as I fear. I started to lost steam into my fifth miles. I attempted to sprint the last quart of a mile but end your dry heaving and gaging before I get to the last 400 meter. I end up dragging myself to the finished line at 40.43 instead of under 40 minutes that I was hoping for. I need to learn to run the 10k right.

Take a train back home right after crossing the finish line. Well not right after, I did sat around long enough to eat two peaches and drink lot of water while my lungs get it act together. Get home by 11:09 to change out of my running tight into a jean and drive to the club. I did not get to the club till 12:25 because my sister left a message saying she need the car. Turn out she don't need it for the evening. There were not that many people at the club. Many people stay home due to the uncertain weather. I grabbed something to eat first before changing into my dry suit. I did not get on the water till 2PM. I end up on the last group to go out for the day.

Also end up with a new yellow boat.

No comments: