In two words- scrotum chaffing. Do I really need to explain it? Needless to say don't try out new sport under-pant (actually its not new, I only wear it a couple of times kayaking because I don't like it and forget why I don't use it anymore - I remembered two mile into the race when it start to drop and the crotch area start to rub where you never want to be rub against by anything) in a race. So lesson learn, 1 - never try something different from your normal long run clothing on a race, 2 - if clothing is uncomfortable/painful on a run throw it away. On the bright side of this - my first running rash - I am a real runner now.
So on to the race itself. The start was chaotic, the race itself was fast, the finish is anticlimatic and they really want you to go away. They don't have a finish area, no place to wait and meet your running friends. The start and finish was disappointing. The race itself - I am still undecided on the new course. I think it is faster. The 5 miles of Ocean Avenue wasn't the endless hell it was the last couple of time I run it. Maybe I am just more prepare. I get a couple of 20 plus miles long run in before this race.
Over all, I think party atmosphere that make this race fun is dead.
No comments:
Post a Comment