Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mini Vacation

Light rains drops are hitting the roof of the cabin as I sit here typing. It is an improvement to the heavy rain and wind that sweep through the camp at about three pm today. What the storm left behind is cooler air. If I was in the city I would be happy for the cooler air, but up here in ACA cabin, cooler air meant no swimming. I am surprise the children would let a little thing like cool air stop them. Actually, the cool air probably did not stop them, the life guard call it quit for the day when the storm come by, and do not look like he will be returning to duty today.

Bob and Jerry(?) from Yonker are the only other kayakers here today. Jerry went back so it just Bob. Bob is still on the water. I get all dress up in my swim trunk and rash guard then decided it was too cool to go paddling. Have to decide if I want to go running before dinner - all depending if the light drizzle became a heavy down pour or not. I don't want to climb some of these steep hills in the rain.

Nothing much plan for Saturday. Jerry's (Sebago's Jerry) weight lifter friends are having a competition at the camp tomorrow, and there are big sailing races at the same time so it is going to be crazy with people. I have the long run tomorrow - 18 miles. Can't put this off to Sunday like last week, I get a long distance kayak trip with Stevie to Breezy Point from Blum Beach.

I put some consecutive run in this weeks.

Tuesday 6 miles
Wednesday 6 miles (Marathon running class)
Thursday 1.55 x 3 including cool down run about 4 miles.
Friday 0
Saturday 18 Miles.

Jus come back from dinner with Linda and Pete - and one of their son,Chris. Linda cook a very good meal. Tiffany did not come to dinner, she did showed up with her friend after we finish dinner. She come in to change into her bath suit, to go swimming at 8PM - in the dark, and chilly air. I seat around and talk with Pete. He is a bit talkative today. I excuse myself after Pete say he have to go take a shower and went down to the swimming dock to watch Tiffany and her new friend swam. They asked me to join them I said hell no. I only swim when there is a blazing sun to dry me off and keep me warm.

Get back and start reading Bob Glover's The Competitive Runner's Handbook. I don't like reading book on my hobbies. It just make it so serious. I am never much of a kayak book reader neither.

I am hoping to stay up till 1oPM. Everything stop at the lake pass sun down so usually bed time is quite early up here.

Sat:
It was a stormy night up at the camp. Loud rambling thunder wake me up a couple of time during the night. I was still raining, but no thunder this morning when I wake up at 6AM. Pete did not stop by to wake me up for our 6AM morning paddle. I am glad because my side muscles still hurt from that two laps around the lake yesterday in strong wind. We were supposed to go to breakfast at 8AM but I still have not see any sign of Pete or his family.

I am trying to read "Food and Running" part of the Running Book. Eating and good diet are the most difficult area of marathon training that I have to adjust to. I don't like food, I don't like to discuss food - even conversational much less as a serious object. My eating philophy is if I get hungry enough to faint, I eat. I would prefer sleeping to to eating everytime, hence I rarely eat breakfast. I have to get better at eating for fuel rather then just barely surviving.

Get back from breakfast. Still raining. No thunder so I think it is safe to go out on the water. I may let my breakfast settle first. No much activities yet for a late Saturday morning.

It is becaming apparent that I may not be able to do my 18 miles today. Forecast call for drizzling to downpour to thunderstorm all day.

Went out for a paddle. Paddle from Sebago Dock to Sebago Beach without stopping to rest. I like these kind of paddle, work on proper forward stroke. Get back to watch the canoe sailing race start. It was 12AM by the time I get lunch started and 1PM by the time I am eating. I am eating now actually. I am not eating real fast because I am also trying find the adminstrative password for this fucking computer. I don't remember setting it. Apparently when you set a password for on of the user you also set a password for the administrator. I typed in every possible password I may have use to no avail. I hate it when this happen.

After a couple dozen attempt, I manage to get Administrator access to my computer. It is the password I thought it was. Don't understand why it did not work the first dozen time. My camera is still not recognized by the computer, which is the whole reason why I need administrator access in the first place. I give up and went to watch the weight lifter do their stuff. It was impressive.

Went out kayaking again. This time I did a couple of rolls now that I have Cody's diving mask. I hate fresh water in my nose, it sting. I get one of those expensive nose clip, but it keep on slipping off my nose, too greasy.

No going to get my long run in today. I am back indoor because it start to rain again. Have to figure what to have for dinner or where to go for dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anh, I work for the partner group for the National Park Service and we're developing a map guide for paddlers in the bay. Is there any way we could use your image of the kayaker in the guide?