I was happy to get a passenger to keep me company, and show me around the area. Mary stopped by at the club at the same time to pick up her boat and decided that there is no reason to drive up with another car so she asked if she can car pool with me. I was more then happy to have the company.
The 2 hours of driving pass by in no time. It was not as tiring and boring as I imagine it. We take the scenic route instead of following the direction to see a couple of nice little towns, and to stop by to see the house Mary was going to rent. It was a relaxing and entertaining way to finish off a long drive. We get to the Kampground (that is with a K) at 3PM. It is an interesting experience. I have never been in a trailer park before so it was a bit surreal - dozen of campers and RV taking on the lawn, with all the luxury of home. There are kids running everywhere.
In the back of the trailer park is a small wooded, darken area where there are like 2 dozen spot to set up tent. I reserved tent site 12 but end up being assign to 14. It turn out that they give my tent site to mary so we were also neighbor, which is convenient because she can keep most of her stuffs in my car.
The rest of the group arrived as we set up our tents, and have a look around. The plan was to have a short paddle in the afternoon on Friday. I was not feel up like paddling after a 3 hours drive. Mary and I drive with the rest of the group to the launch site and see them off.
The swimming beach is just over that log, and you have to pay to park. There were no one there when we were there. They have porta-potty that they let us use so it was nice of them.

The rest of us who are not going for the evening paddle drive to Orient Point Park to have a look around. I like the kid playground.




Mary is as usual have her binocular out and point at birds.
Mary is as usual have her binocular out and point at birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment