Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Metal Skeletons

June 22, 2008

Spend a great day exploring the west coast of Staten Island, and get to visit a sight I only read about. Actually I first find out about it from reading Bonnie's blog, Frogma.

The sky was overcast with prediction of rain and thunderstorm but we only encounter a drizzle. Everyone on the paddle are experience so it was a leisure paddle through industrial coast line and around and through several wrecks. The rusted metal skeletons of the old tug boats, and a couple of ferries invoke a desolate feeling to it. It not depressing exactly but it do remind one that everything do come to pass.

Where we launch.
Old Ferry:

Bonnie taking pictures from the inside of the ferry:

One of the many majestic wrecks:

May be a remain of one vessel, or maybe several.

2 comments:

saltmarshgirl said...

Hi Anh,
Great blog, I just found it. A few comments on your Sebago cabin weekend:
1. I didn't know you're Philipino :)
2. Buffy???....enuf said.
3. Excellent fat guy/capsize story. Not really P.C., though. How about 'height/weight challenged'? (or 'hwc')
4. Lay off the hot dogs, you'll get height/weight challenged.
5. love ya!

MinMin said...

Where did I mention Buffy?

I am never PC, not if I can avoid it.

Hot dogs is the only food I ever bring to the lake. You should come to the lake and have a meal with me.