Monday, August 21, 2006

August 19 and 20 Wrapup

Assist on our club's Saturday Public Open Paddle. There were at least 3 other experient tripleader so I was not really needed but it was fun. The boats were already out and the guests all seem to be set for fun in the water. There were a couple of cuties in the group. I end up taking point, leading the group out and keeping everyone together. It was a leisurely paddle. I paddle backward on the way out just to slow myself down and see who everyone was doing. No slacker and do capside. I did not have a chance to chat up any of the hottie thought, that the problem with taking point in a kayak group, you never get a chance to chat the pretty girl up. All in all it was a good day.

I found out durring the trip that Stevie and Jerry were going to be at the Lake so I have to change my plan for Sunday. I need Stevie and Jerry to help me with my bracing and rolling skills. My original plan for sunday was to help with the swimmer in the morning, goes out to Breezy Point to kayak surf in the wave and get home in time for a day at the beach. I really need to practice thought on my bracing and rolling skill for Star 3, and the opportunity to practice with Stevie and Jerry is too good to let pass. I decided to cancel the after noon paddle, pack up my kayak and drive up the the lake. I was a last minute thing so I have to run home and get my overnigh stuffs. The trip out of the city was uneventful. Not big traffic jams. I get to Campmore by 3PM. End up getting a new watershoe and cockpit cover for my kayak. I get to the cabin at 5:30PM.

I meet Joyce and her friend Adam at the cabin. I found out that Stevie and Jerry is already out on the water practicing. By the time I get my boat down and into my gears they were coming back so we decide to have dinner. I did not get to go back into the water on Saturday.

Sunday, I get up at 9AM. Have breakfast at a local dinner with Stevie, Jerry, Ann and David. We finally get on the water at 10:30AM. I asked Stevie to help me with the side skulling for support....

Flash forward.

It had been a couple of weekends since I first started to side skooling(I believed this is the correct spelling.) On my good side I am completely confident that I lay my whole back in the water, with my boat on it side and not capside. On my offside less confident but I am sure I can do it. Since my first tentative attempt at side skooling, I finally learn how to do an Eskimo roll. Still have moment where I have to wet exit but not often. I also learn 3 differents kind of roll. I will post movie when I get them. I will try to get more details later.

No comments: