I was done cleaning both bathrooms before Linda and gangs come back. The gang is Linda (camp director), her husband Pete, her daughter Tiffany and surprice of surprise Stevie. Stevie never go to breakfast witth us. Regretably I have to miss the breakfast. It was too expensive for me to have breakfast twice in a weekend anyway ( average cost is $12 to $13) way out of my exceptable price range for breakfast. Once a weekend on Sunday is more then I can afford as it was. I have to cut but but have not find a way to say no to our sunday breakfast routine. I finished sweeping the Pavalion, and strengthen out the meeting room while everyone else let their breakfast setttle. Spend a couple fo minutes finishing up my own breakfast of Oakmeal. When I finished I go around and see if anyone want to go paddling. Stevie and Pete joined me on the water by 10AM, which is quite an accomplishment. We made a slow loop of the lake clockwise. When we get back I set up my sailing canoe and take it out for a spin.
I join Stevie for Lunch at his place, and watch as Tod and his family drive in. I love spending time with Tod and his wife Mia and daughter Pearl. Pearl is a sweet little girl of eight who like to climb alll over me. I don't mind one bit.
Some time after, while I was talking with Linda Mia come up and asked for a drill bit. I used that as a opening to stop by and visit. Tod need the drill bit to hang up a swing chair. I never see anything like it. It was hang just a bit too high. I was talking to Mia while Tod was doing this. Tiffany show up also. We were playing around trying out the new swing chair. Pearl of course have to be on everyone laps. She is use a cute little thing. At the risk of overstaying my welcome I left with Tiffany when she left. I try my hand at sailing again. There was no wind at all in the afternoon. I was slow drifting in the canoe in the light breeze when I heard thunder. I paddle my sailing canoe back to shore. The rest of the afternoon just by by in a blur. Before I know it it was dinner, more of our paddling friends drive in so we hang out at their rental cabin till time of dessert "potluck". I joined after I finished my dinner. Spend the evening playing witty Pearl and her lighted balloons. I stayed too late and get catch in the pavalion, one thousand feets from my tent platform, I waited for a while then make a run for it. I didn't get too wet. Spend half an hour watching water leak through hole on my tarp roof then go to bed by 9PM.
Sunday started with Breakfast with the Peterson, and two of our friends. Get back to camp by 9AM, inspected the bathroom and the pavalion to make sure nothing need to be taken care of. We have one big project to need to be done this weekend before Memorial day, The job is towing out the two swimming platforms and positionin it witth anchors. I just get thing organize, Pete direct all the work. I was tire by 12:30PM from towing and pushing the swimming platforms so I stop by the swim dock and play around witth the kids. I left to have lunch a bit after one when everyone is satisfy that the swim platforms are as good as they are going to be. After lunch I visited Stevie who had two of my friends with him, along witth Linda and Pete. The conversations turn to camp politic so I left and go visit Tod, Mia and Pearl which had a tent platform down hill from Stevie. Tod was not there so I hang out with Mia and Pearl. I sit on the swing chair and Pearl was on my lap tthe whole time. I think Mia was beginning to get upcomfortable with Pearl sitting and swarming on my lap. I take the opportunity to get Pearl off my laps when Mia offer to show me video she is working on for her daughter school. I left before I over stay my welcome, if I haven't already,
Take the sailing canoe out again. Time time there are more wind. It was fun but I still need to handle the tack, keeping on going into iron. I get badly sunburn as usual. Good news is I have more time in the sailing canoe this two weekend tthen have all of last summer. I want to get better at this sailing thing. After sailing I went for my first swim of the season in my wetsuit. I have never gone swimmingg before July before. The wetsuit work wonder. I suntan a bit with Tiffany till a Miltipee get to friendly with her and that was it for suntanning on the dock. It was 5PM by the time I get out of my wetssuit. Visit Pearl again, just as they come back from their paddle. Tiffany and Linda stop by with left over hotdogs to feed the turtle so we went down the the dock by Todd's platform. No turtle though, stick around talking to Mia while she cooked dinner then say my good bye. Went back to my place and cook my own dinner. I pack up and drive back to Brooklyn at 7:40PM, get home by 9:30 PM so it was about average travel time for the trip back to the City.
No comments:
Post a Comment