Saturday, February 09, 2013

Measuring My Progress by Foot

2012 started with ambitious running and kayaking plan.  I will not dwell on that now.  All my plans running and kayaking come to an end on July 29 after my last long run.   I end up the the hospital for a couple of weeks for a rapture appendix.  The appendix was not removed.  There were to much infection in my stomach cavity to operate.  I was told to fully recover before getting it operate on.  On my primary doctor recommendation I went to a Appendix surgeon in my parents' neighborhood.  I wanted to have the operation as soon as possible but he want it done in 3 months. In that time the appendix/bowels flare up a couple of time, the day before my birthday it flare up, and I end up in the ER.  I waitied 6 hours outside ER but leave. Lucky I was able to obtain the same antibiotic I was using from my downstair neighbor. There were a couple of other minor flair up I did not get my operation the third appendix flare up in December which end up being a whole month stay in the hospital for removal of the appendix and about one feet of my intestine.   My one month at Beth Israel was hell.  The hospital was a mad house.   I was so relief to get out of there.  I am home know for almost one month but I am still not recover. My stomach is till not process food well.  I can never be confident after lunch that I don't need to be near the bathroom.




No comments: