Saturday was spend at Sebago clubhouse in Canarsie, Brooklyn. The plan was to go paddling then come back and help on with the workday the John W. organized. As usual I get my time wrong, I thought the paddle would happen at 9:30, I get there at 10 AM so I though I used the paddle. John was power washing the shipping containers we use to store our boats and equipment when I drive in. Beside John's red Subaru Forester there was not body else there. Which is weird because I thought Tony email say they are going out paddling at 9:30. Apparently the paddle is later. Which really shouldn't surprise me, Tony like late start when he lead paddle.
John put me to work scrapping the loose paint that the power washer missed. The problem that I face as soon as I started scrapping is how easily the old paint come off. I can stripped the entire containers down to the original color if I am not careful. We have at least 15 contains so that would take forever and leave paints chips all over the ground. So the hard part is not stripping the paint away, it deciding need to be strip.
I was hard at work stripping paint when Tony drove in.
No comments:
Post a Comment