Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I am waiting out the last couple of hours of 2008 in my cubicle in NYC. That one thing I can be thankful for is not starting my new year jobless. Hopefully I will end 2009 with a job too.

Don't particularly want to venture out to Time Square to see what all the crazies are doing. It snow a bit today but nothing stick. But is is still cold. Weather report say it will be in the 20's tonight.

If I have any reader - or if the blog is ever open to public viewing, one of them would asked me what am I doing at my empty office 7 hours to New Year? I volunteed to marshal a race at Midnigh today - The Emerald Nut Run. The operative word here is nut. I volunteed because at the time it was the last available voluntee opportunity to get qualification for 2009 NYC Marathon. I could have change my mind after NY Road Runner extended the voluntee deadline but I thought it would be a good way to spend my New Year. Better then at home by myself. I have to get out of here and get dinner soon.

The sad part is I was running late today and did not pack the clothing that I planned for comfortable long night of standing around in the cold. Did not remember that today is Dec 31 and I will be standing outside in freezing weather for 2* hours till I get off the train this morning. I was planning on bring my skiing clothing - with face mask, polyester long john to keep warm and hot tea.

Well Happy New Year - if I don't freeze my ass off before the ball drop - my balls sure will stay nice and tight where its warm.

* Ed. update: 5 hours of standing out in 20 Degree weather.
Also the firework was spectacular.

No comments: