Finished my first Marathon today. Started off strong. 13 miles fly aways like a walk in the park. Started to feel the old Runner Knee symptoms on the 15 miles but it wasn't bad. Managed to pushed it up to the Bronx before there was not way I can run without causing total lost of my legs. That was about the 21 miles mark. I end up walking the 6 miles to the finish line. My legs were starting to cramp from place I don't know have muscles. My time is 4:20 minutes. 50 minutes slower then my goal time.
The slow shuffles up to from the finished line on 60's to 81st to pick up my bag was a bit frustrating but I need the time to cool down anyway. I walked from 81st to 71nd Street to catch my train home.
I did not realized how much pain I am in till I walk up from the train ride. Going down the stair to get off the station was painful. I should have arranged to have someone pick me up.
My train end up no stopping at my usual stop so I have to walk 15 blocks home.
2 comments:
Congratulations!
Yes, at least you made it, even though so much went wrong.
Stick to kayaking and save your knees:-)
stevie
Post a Comment