Get in a bit of winter paddling last weekend. Last Saturday I went out for my first cold weather paddle. I was not at all up to it. It was one of my more difficult paddle even thought we are going a very moderate distance and around an island that I have went around dozen of time before in the summer. My muscles just feel tight and wrong all over the place. My boat was weathercocking a bit, not as much as on the last day of my Long Island trip. Evey muscles in my body hurt the next day. I have not feel this much hurt since I started paddling 7 years ago.
By the time I round the back of the island, I was feel comfortable and handling the boat like I used to. We landed on a beach for me to pick up a rock to use as ballast. We end up walking around for a bit, looking for old glass bottles. Nothing interesting was found. We paddled back to the club at around 3PM.
My second paddle was last Wednesday. We paddled out at 11AM. There were 7 of us, paddle out for lunch at restaurant, and back again. It take 2 hours for us to get to Cross Bay Blvd and a small DINO restaurant. We get back on the water by 1:30PM, and back at the club by 3PM.
Stevie and I worked on our boats on the previous Tuesday but I did not put on the rudder so on Wednesday I decided to be on the save side and take out on of the club boat that have a rudder just in case I have to deal with the wind. Turn out I did not need the rudder.
We have another work day on Thursday. I finally get the rudder back on my boat. I have to test it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment