No time for the lake the last two weekend. I don't know what I did the last two weekends. I don't think I did any kayaking. I finally get to go kayaking this Wednesday. The weather forecasted a chance of thunderstorm and the sky is overcasted as I inched my way down the Belt Parkway to the clubhouse. From what people who went on Wednesday evening paddle, there is a large regular crowd but this Wednesday due to the uncertain weather, I get there 25 minutes late but there is only 3 cars at the club. I ran into Phil, George, Mat, and two other people that I don't know. Phil informed me that there are only two guests, and they are just paddleing in the basin since the weather may turn any second.
Mat is not coming with us on this paddle. I end up having a conversation with Mat, and end up volunteering to lead this Saturday trip. I have to see if I can get assistants for the trip, the weatherman is forecasting a perfect Saturday so we could have a large crowd on Saturday.
The only reason i will be in NYC this weekend is because the cabin at the lake is fully book for our Star 1 and Star2 classes. I wished I could be up there with them but they have more then enough Coaches, and Coaches trainees helping I would only get in the way.
We were just leaving the dock when Peter and his daughter Danielle come down the ramp. Pete were hollowing something to us but it was held to hear anything. We just hollowed back that we are just going up the basin then back down, that he can catch us on the way. I have a pleasant conversation with George on the paddle and learn that I should goes on the Friday night paddle. I haven't been to any organize paddle at the club this season so I missed out on the going on at the club.
We get back to the club as the thunder get louder and more frequent.
No comments:
Post a Comment