Spend last weekend I was at the lake again. I get up Campmore by 8:45. I knew that the rest of the gang would not be up that early for a paddle so I stop by Campmore. Unfornately Campmore is not open till 9:30. I drive down two parking lots to a McDonald for breakfast. I forget how disgusting McDonald breakfast is. After breakfast I drive up to a the nearest U turn on route 17 to get to Kmart and Stop&Shop. I get some foods and desert. I did not bring any food up from the city (don't have any.) Drive down Route 17 to another U turn to get back to Campmore again. Pickup a tow rope and spend sometime looking at tents. Did not get a tent.
Get to the cabin at 10:30 to find nobody around. Stop by to say hi to Beth and her kids, stop by Steve's cabin. Hang round the cabin, take a nap till Bob from Yonker show up. Then Steve and Adele arrived at 11:30 something. We did not get in the water till at least 1PM. I was not as aggressive as I was last week at the lake. Just don't feel adventurous. I did not use Anne's skin&frame kayak, no sprayskirt. It was much more tiring to roll my 17feet,50 lb kayak then the 17' 35lb skin&frame iceland kayak. I find myself have difficulties with roll that I don't even have to think about on the lighter boat. We get back by 4PM. Hang around the fire talking till 10PM.
I get the Sebago Cabin all to myself. A far cry from the usual kids yelling of most of the summer weekend. I have a vey peaceful sleep. I get up at 8AM, get ready for breakfast. We drive to breakfast at 9AM and did not get back till 10:30. After getting everything in order we get on the water at 11:30. Which is not bad considering we always end up wasting the whole morning on previous sunday. More rolling, but spend most of the time fighing the wind. It was very windy and overcast on Sunday. I was not doing as well as last week. I end up wet exiting my kayak a couple couple of times when I fail my new roll, and can't stay calm to set up for my main roll. I was not holding my breath as long as I know I could. I was a bit panicky for some reason. We get back and have lunch at 2PM.
We return to the water at 4PM. The wind die down a bit, and the sun finally comeout even if only momentarily. I don't spend too much time rolling. Just a lot of bracing exercises. We get back at 6:30 righ before the sun started to set. It was almost 8:30 when I get my boat tie up on the car, clothing all backup and moved my bedding to Steve's cabin. I will be driving home @ 4AM on Monday.
I get rearend as I exit the George Washington Bridge to get on the FDR. It was a slow rearend accident so I was sure that not much demage was done. I looked back to see if the drive that rearended my stop. He/She did not so I just drive along. I did not notice that my coke bottle was no longer in the cup holder till later when I smell it. I don't bother to look around for it till I get to brooklyn and get to the first red light. I was on my middle consel. 90percent of it was gone. I finally get a chance to inspect the car when I get to the club. Not visible damage. The dealer plateframe was destroy but I should have remove that along time ago anyway. The car the rear end me was a sedan with sloping front so it slid under my bumper instead of heading it so not much damage there. The gap between the reardoor and the bumper was sighly less on the passenger side where the rear end occur then on the driver side, but it did not interfere with the closing of the door. Not bad really.
No comments:
Post a Comment