Take my sister with me to the cabin. This will be the first time I invited her up to the cabin in the 5 years I am with the club. Just never thought she would like it. Good to have a driver. My sister drive when she in the car so I don't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel. We get there at 9AM and no one was up yet. Find Anne and Berry, we sent to breakfast to meet up with Steve and Adele at a local dinner. Steve and Adele left after breakfast to pick up their daughters, Emily and Toni. Emily brough her boyfriend. Both girls are nice looking.
We took the kayaks for a trip to Sebago Beach. It was hard to find a kayak small enough for my sister. This will be her first real kayaking. She is doing find short distance but on the long trip to the beach have a bit of problem keeping straight. I end up her most the the trip out to the beach. She is enjoying it dispict the difficulties thought. On the way back I switch to skin and fram kayak so Jerry and Ann look after her on the way back.
It was weird kayaking a skin and frame kayak for the first time. There is no foot brace for instince, and you have to price you knee upward instead of to the side. I get adjust to it real fast. I was inform after I was in the skin/frame kayak for 15 minutes that I need to know how to wet exit the boat because it is completely difference then regular kayak. We went to old Sebago Beach to take a breather so that is where we see if i can wet exit or not. It was easy, I did it like a pro.
The weather was getting overcase so we end out trip short. We get back the cabin and hang around. Stevie get a fire going in the back of his cabin and we have lunch, lot of sausages and hotdog. Adele asked me to drive the two girls, and the boyfriend home since we were coming home in the afternoon anyway.
I have to drive home on Sunday because my sister have to work on Sunday. I did not decide yet at this point if I would come in to work for a half a day or not. Turn out I did not come to work on sunday. I would really like to stay the look weekend at the Cabin and come home on July 4th.
No comments:
Post a Comment