Get to the Club at 1:30 Pm on Sunday for the Sea Kayak Committee meeting. The meeting is schedule to start at 2:30PM. I arrived early hoping that the repair that I did on my boat on Saturday finally harden so that I can sand and do the finishing work on it. After greeting Steve, Jen, Pete and a couple of other clubmembers that were already there I finally get around to taking my boat out to be inspected. It was commented right away that the repair was done incorrectly by MB, who have very expensive fiberglass repair experiences. It was confirm that the release film should have been apply for smooth surface so that sanding would be unnecessary but it can still be fix with lot of sanding if the the repair harden. It was dry to the touch but not hard so the sanding will have to wait till the weather get better.
Meeting start promptly at about 2:45PM, which is not bad by the club standard of promptness. We have a good mix of people, filling out the whole clubroom. We start off with each person standing up and introducing ourself. I was almost the last person on the rotation. My intro was fast, just name, years with club and training. There were enough long winded intro from other members so I am sure everyone was glad for the short intro.
Classes for this season were goes over and discuss. We will having a couple on intro to kayaking classes at the clubhouse in Jamaica Bay which I would like to voluntee to teach since I do have coach 1 certification to teach intro to kayaking. I would be fun and give my practice on coaching. There will also be formal teaching of Star 1, 2 and 3 at the cabin at the lake upstate. I would like to voluntee to help out on 1,2 and take 3 over again before getting certify for 3. I will have to talk to Anne or Tom about that. Just send him an email in fact.
Next up for discussion is the biggest part of our kayaking program, the Open Paddle on Wednesday and Saturday. Hopefully we will be a bit more organize that last summer. I voluntee to assist two paddles (Jun 1o, Aug 15) and co-lead two paddles (Jul1 and Aug 5). We will also have more challenging paddle for conditional clubmember. Yahoo!!! I will look forward to that.
There rest of the discussion is standard safety stuffs that just drag on and on. I blanked out so really can't say much about the detail discussed.
Meeting breakup at 4:30 so it was relative short and informative.
See you all on the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment