Saturday April 30, 2005
Sebago Club opener, same faces attended the meeting.
The weather is overcast with some instance of heavy rain. The fog started to flow in, visibility was limited. Several adventurous members went out in kayak but no official group was organized.
Festivities were held in the clubhouse. The old woodstove was sufficient to keep everyone warm. People as usual brought lot of salad, pasta salad, potatoe salad and several with I do no know since I did not try them.
Coldwater workshop started at 1pm. It was very informative. Even thought I have not kayak in coldwater yet, it nice to know what to expect and know the danger.
VHF and GPS workshop were somewhat disorganize, even thought Eric and his wife(?) was very helpful about the operation of VHF and it procedure. I went to purchase myself on from the internet for $129 +13 shipping for total of $145. GPS was cancel do to time.
We have the general meeting early, 2:30 Instead of schedule 4 PM. Phil, as usual run the meeting with theater efficiency. I announced my willingness to volunteer for OOD Coordination position. Have to get to work organizing the time slot and volunteers for every slot we have from Memorial Day to Labor Day, Wednesday and weekend. Meeting end by 3:30, call sister for pick up.
Sunday, May 2, 2005
Wakeup late. Did not get to the club till 12:15. Phil and Pete are there already. Spend much of day moving garbage from pile in front of clubhouse to dumpster. Have an incident with Wheel barrel. Get hit on face with handle as it come down when I try to flip and dumped the garbage into dumpster. Was not as bad as I thought. Get just a bruise, with no injury to eye.
Left at 3:15 PM.
No comments:
Post a Comment