Attending another Kayaking trip leader workshop. It was quite a hazzle to get to the club. I have to leave work at 5PM, get to my parents' place to pick up my car. It was pouring rain by the time I get o my parents'. I was half way on the highway when I notice that the passenger's mirror is not flip into position. I can't see the cars on the passenger side. I pulled into the gas station in the middle of the highway and flip the mirror out. It was really comming down when I try to merge back into traffic again. I thought I would never get back in. I don't understand how people can drive so fast in the down pour.
I did get to the club without any mishap thought. There are about 12 people there. I was not paying must attention. There are more restriction this summer then on the previous summers. We have to us the VHF to signal our whereabout, can take groups across the channel. I went across the shipping channel on my first trip out when I join, not we can't go that far anymore. If I want a challenge that mean going out along. I will have to do more solo kayaking rather then groups because its going to be a bummer.
I have to take class on rescue and practice my eskimo rescue.
I am not excited about this season for some reason, so many changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment