Wednesday, December 07, 2022

̶K̶A̶Y̶A̶K̶ Sailing Blogging

 I have not do much kayaking since I last right in 2019!  You would think I would have plenty of time to kayak now that I am unemployed.  I can say I am semi-retire because I am not actively looking for a job.  I don't want to work just ti pay tax to support a liberal socialist dictatorship.  But that beside the point of this post. I quit Sebago Canoe Club after I lost my job, and socially cut my self off from all it members after they voted to support BLM terrorists and CRT policies that club adopted after BLM burned down cities in "protest" of a death of a murderer in 2020.   I wrote an email to the membership and tell them to fuck off.   I don't visit the club much anymore anyway so it was not big lost. 

I can't recalled doing any big paddle from 2019 till now, Dec 2022.   I did went paddling with a friend at Camp.   In 2021 I went paddling with him in Greenwood Lake.  A couple of week later I came back to the lake by myself and paddle around the entire lake.  I like to circumnavigate a lake completely if I have the opportunity.  

The latest kayaking trade I did was also with the same friend, I ride with him up to Lake George in upstate NY.  We putted in at the Northernmost point of the lake and paddle down.  It was a fun trip even though I end up in a very bad place for a hammock to be. It was windy for both night we were there.   I lost my expensive monoscope less then 15 minutes from the pull out.  It was my own fault.  I was complacent because I was so close the last mile of the trip.  Overall it was a fund trip.

So what have I been doing with my time in the Summer?  Sailing. The first summer I was unemployment, I make sailing my job.  I sail 3 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the afternoon.  I get really good at it.  This summer I did not do as much sailing as the previous summer.  I feel I am burning out.  I am not sure I am going to be racing anymore next summer.  

No comments: