Yim and I work on epoxy and fiber-glasses three of the kayaks. I rather enjoy doing these kind of work. As usually I underestimate how much time all these work take. I was planning get in some kayaking on Saturday but end up working from 9:30 AM to 5 PM. It was a productive days, we take 6 boats off the out of service list.
I stop by on Sunday to do some more work on three kayaks that need new seats. I also do some more epoxy work on a boat that I wanted to get ready so I can bring up to the lake. I would have get this done on Saturday if I know. The biggest problem with epoxy work is waste. I like to get all the boat that need epoxy work done at the same day so we don't have to mix a couple of patch of epoxy for little job. I really should not care so much considering the club is paying for the material. On Sunday I called it quit at 1 PM, and go out paddling. I should have eaten lunch first before I go out but I was anxious to get on the water and I get a partners for the paddle that want to go out at 1 PM. We go around Canarsie Pol and was back by 3 PM.
I almost complete my require volunteer time for this year, and I score some point with the power that be at the club in Brooklyn. Not bad for a "rain out: weekend. "rain out" because it turn out to be a beautify weekend, overcast and a couple of drizzle but nothing that would impede kayaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment