Sunday, April 10, 2016

Putting in My hours

That all I did today.   Putting in my hours but not getting any done work.

I arrived at Sebago Club house at 10 AM, arriving at the tail end  of Cindy's summary of what work need to be done.  We have a good group for today Club kayak repair day.  The usual dependable Sebago members that come to every work day.  Cindy is very organize.  She get 5 stack of forms, each page describing what work need to be done on that particular boat.  We were to break up into 5 groups, each group fixing what needed fixing as indicated on the worksheet.  I joined the fiberglass/epoxy group since it already have group leader.  I don't feel like being in charge of anything today.   Fiberglass epoxy is the lease popular work and require some skills so not many other member join our group.

On our team was Frank who I work with a lot at the club, and Loise (speaking probably wrong). Never good with name.  Well it not important to this story any way.  Frank and I went out side and pick up our first "patient" - a Fiberglass Montauk that need work on the back bulkhead.  I started sanding the area to be fiberglass while Loise read the label on the harder.  In order for the epoxy and hardener to work, the temperature have to be at least 55 degree.  It was about 39 degree today.  Kim join our group with Chris (a woman) so we have a debate if it worth doing the fiberglass- epoxy.  We decided again starting the fiberglass work.  I finished up my sanding and clean up on the Montauk.  I spend my time pretty much rummaging around and looking for thing till 1 PM when everything stop working and gather in the clubhouse for lunch. I did not have lunch but did stick around a bit before I sign out.   I put my 3 hours end but honest don't do shit.  It was a very unproductive work day for me.  
But it still 3 hours of require work hours.  I would have stay longer if there was anything constructive I can do.  


No comments: