On Phil whistle Bonnie capsize her boat- displace the word "Club" for by black electric tape on bottom of her kayak.
On, two three and I rolled displayig my "Canoe" written in black electric tape under my boat.
I have no idea what my timing was when I come up. I assume that Phil and Bonnie roll at the same time since the order was supposed to be Phil with "Sebago" would roll first on his signal - the whistle, then me - with Canoe, and then Bonnie with Club - to spell out "Sebago" "Canoe" "Club." Turn out it was a false start anyway since the official on Canarsie Pier were not ready.
The Coast Guard Aux boat that was supervising the Jamaica Bay Blessing of the Fleet was not expecting us to do the roll as we pass by the official on Canarsie Pier. Phil manage to calm their nerve and we get to try it again.
On Phil whistle signal I count to three, roll and then spend a good half minutes trying to get water out of my eye so did not see Bonnie roll. I wasn't even sure where I was. We don't have anyone on the pier to document our little stunt. Next time get a cameraman on the pier - and a lot more practice with the time, and the formation.
We paddle to the side of Canarsie pier to clear the way for the actual motor boats to come down in single line formation. We want documentation of our rolls so we have Andy take a movie of us rolling. The first time we did it he did not have the camera on. The second time he catched Phil, and me but was not able to keep Bonnie in frame.
We paddled to Mill Basin, the back to the club just to make it a official paddle
Pictures soon if I even get around to downloading them from my camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment