Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Kayaking Season

I have a very eventful kayaking winter. I did not write much about it because I am just downright lazy.

Our club season opener was today. I have a great time even thought the day start out with a light rain and continue to be cloudy and cool much of the day. I should say that it was a great day to paddle in a dry suit because of the cool weather and overcast sky.

I wake up not feeling particularly like kayaking. My body aches all over from running yesterday. I don't know why my upper body would be aching from running. I was glad I decide to bring all my kayaking gears with me anyway. I get there at 10AM. Forget that Stevie and Adele were going to go out at 9AM. They were already out on the water when I get to the club. There were only 3 cars in the one the ground so I know that not many people show up yet. It was raining on my drive to the club so I don't expect a high turn out.

Steve H. is relaunching is entirely rebuilt skin on frame. We have a little ceremony for the relaunching. I thought a couple of photographs with my camera after we find out that his camera is out of battery. Steve set out on his maiden voyage. Jerry and Anne arrived. Jerry was going out so I decide to go out with him. We set out to find Adele and Stevie, and maybe Steve H. We meet up with Stevie and Adele on their way back. After chatting with them we set out to find Steve H. We did not see him and assume he went around the island so turn back.

I finally get something decent in my stomach while I wait for more people to show up so we can have a proper Season Open Paddle.

No comments: